Suffering with severe cough and nerve pain. Suggest some medicine

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: Hi Dr. XXXXXXX I suffering with Severe cough and while coughing my head nerves are paining very badly.

Can u please suggest me the medicine
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, your symptoms indicate presence of bacterial infection of the respiratory tract. But you need a thorough clinical examination for confirmation.

You should do the followings.

1. Take balanced nutritious diet containing fresh fruits.
2. Take broad spectrum antibiotic like levofloxacin to control any infection.
3. Take a cough suppressant like dextromethorphan. You need a prescription to buy it from store.
4. Take a multivitamin agent like beplex forte for one month.

So, consult with general physician / ENT specialist for clinical examination, for prescribing the drugs as i mentioned previously.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.