Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering with running nose. Allergic to cold weather. Polyps removed. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2114 Questions
i am suffering with running nose, i am allergic to cold weather , what shall i do, since 10-15 years i am suffering with cold in winter season and in other seson cold will be less, and i gone though surgery and polyps removed but then also i am getting cold and cough
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.

I understand your concern, but I would like to clarify a few issues here:

1. First of all you should know that having undergone surgery for polyps does not mean that there will be no attacks of cold in the future.

2. Secondly, you have mentioned the names of three medicines - cetrizine, coldact and sinarrest. Are you taking all of these medicines or any one of them? Please clarify. Also mention the names of the medicines prescribed by your doctor.

3. You should give importance to increasing your immunity against such episodes. Do regular exercise daily in fresh air. Eat fresh vegetables and fruits mainly citrus fruits. Yoga will also help in boosting your immunity.

4. It will be helpful if you get your Complete Blood Count (CBC) done along with Absolute Eosinophil Count. Medical treatment can be planned according to the reports and after knowing the present medication you are taking.

I hope this is useful to you. Let me know if I can be of other guidance

Regards and Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor