Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suffering with jock itch. Used home remedies like applying garlic and honey paste. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
i m suffering with jock itch about 2 years and i cant get rid of it ....and also used some home remedies like applying garlic and honey paste , even thogh i cant get rid of it so please kindly can u suggest how to cure it
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestion, jock itch

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Jock itch is due to a fungal infection.
Other than home remedies have you tried any medicated creams ?
The picture you have uploaded is out of focus. Can you send another higher resolution picture ?
Antifungal creams like miconazole 2% or ketoconazole 2 % twice a day application for 3 weeks usually cures jock itch.
Keep the groin region dry. An antifungal dusting powder like (Abzorb powder (clotrimazole 1%) ) will help in absorbing sweat and reduces friction. Avoid unnecessary washing and rubbing. Wear cotton loose fitting trousers. Boxer type of underwear is preferable. Never wear underwear which has not dried completely after washing. Do not share towels with others.
Hope this helped
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor