Suffering with anal fistula and frequent urination. Suggest

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi Doctor,
I am suffering with anal fistula. I got operated once and it has reoccured again. I also suffer with frequent urination. I have to urinate every 5 minutes if I drink water. And I read some articles on net saying that It may b bladder fistual. Can you please answer me question as I am very depressed with this problem.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can not be Bladder fistula .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone surgery for Fistula in Anus which has recurred again .You have increased frequency of Urination.
The reason for recurrence of fistula could be due to fact that you might have high level anal fistula which is likely to have been not excised completely during first surgery.

Please get it confirmed by doing radiological test of Fistulogram before you go for redo surgery.

The increased frequency of urination that you have is likely to be due to referred pain
(Irritation ) of sphincter urethra.This is due to fact that anal sphincter and urethral sphincter have nerve innervation by two different branches of same nerve (Pudendal nerve).

However consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment to rule out any other cause for your urinary symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 6 minutes later
Thank you Sir.

But I am facing this frequent urination from past 4 years, but this fistula occured only 6 months back. And I can see a think line like nerve from bottom of the testicles to the the rectum ring, but it has disappeared after coming close to rectum ring. I have to not only urinate but have to excrete fecus many times a day. I always feel like using a rest room
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult Urologist for evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
The cause of increased frequency of urination and could be due to what is called as Over Active Bladder syndrome .
Please consult qualified Urologist and Neurologist for clinical evaluation and detail investigations to find out the neurological cause of these symptoms.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 minutes later
Sir,

I will definetly consult a doctor.

over active bladder problem can be cured?? Is it XXXXXXX sir??

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye HelloThanks for accepting my suggestions >

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for accepting my suggestions .Please do write to me in future if you need my help.

Thanks and Regards.

Dr.Patil.