Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Suffering splitting of skin under my foreskin and bleeding from intercourse. Having itching and burning sensation. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2714 Questions
Hi, i am suffering with the skin under my foreskin splitting and bleeding from intercourse this never used to happen. I have had the same partner for 5 yrs apart from we split for a few months and i did have unprotected sex. Im also getting a bit of burning itchy sensation. In the 1st photo the line under where my helmet is, is where the skin splits and in the other you can see a sore from where it was itchy. Look forward to you feed back
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting you query.
If you had bleeding during intercourse then it may be due to a coital injury to your foreskin. It may be due to forcible intercourse or due to less lubrication or due to faulty insertion.
If abstain from sex for a week or so the it will heal spontaneously and you can resume sex after complete healing.

Another possibility is an yeast infection where minute cracks or splits will be there over foreskin and you may likely having burning sensation and itching also. One of the picture shows inflammation of your foreskin may be due to infection or due to irritation of external applications like soap, antiseptic creams etc.
Consult your dermatologist or physician, they will guide you and treat the problem.
It is not a big issue and you will be alright within another few days.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor