Suffering from yellow fever, typhoid and meningitus jabs. Have elevated GT levels of 76. Is this dangerous?
Thanks for posting your query.
Please do not panic as your GGT levels are only moderately increased (76), the usual normal range being 0-50.If your other liver function tests like Ast, Alt etc are normal then there is a possibility of this being a temporary raise .
Even small amounts of alcohol within 24 hours of your GGT test may cause a temporary increase in the GGT. If this occurs, your doctor may want to repeat the test. Prescription medications and smoking may also increase the levels.
Considering you are a health conscious individual you can cut out some starchy food or sugar from your diet, minimize or abstain from alcohol ,increase the intake of essentialfatty acids ( omega fatty acids)and get a retest after a month . I think it should come back as normal then , if not then you should consult your doctor for a thorough evaluation to rule out any insidious liver disorder like gallstone or fatty liver.
As of now it is not worrisome at all and if you are asymptomatic then nothing needs to be done .
Hope I have answered your query .
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Yellow fever vaccination in sperm
- Are fever symptoms of yellow fever?
- Does yellow fever relapse
- Yellow fever jab makes you tired
- Methotrexate and yellow fever vaccine
- Yellow fever in newborn babies
- Yellow fever and contraceptives
- Babies born with yellow fever
- Yellow fever injection in the buttocks
- Yellow fever of newborn infant
- Nausea, dizziness, palpitations, ECG done, right axis deviation...
- High SGPT and SGOT levels. Is it dangerous?
- Sneezing, sore throat and pain, no cold. Reason for pain?
- Pain in shoulder and arm, breathing trouble, taken Aleve. Chances of any...
- Severe pain under ribs, on left side, pain on touching, chronic...
- Raised white spot with dark red perimeter, on floor of mouth, left of...
- Have itchy sore throat,hot face and ears,hypertension,stress and...
- Ache on left shoulder blade,shortness of breath,tiredness,has GERD,take...
- Chest sore after falling,no broken ribs. Treatment?
- Have abdominal pain, mucus in stool, painful urination, eczema...