Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Suffering from years of infection on the skin during intercourse. Why?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
age 44 years ,height 5'9",weight 75 kg.
History: I am suffering from 5 years for panish infection on the skins due to suffering intercource time.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

You have provided me with good information, but I would be able to help you better if you can explain me some more information in detail.

1) What kind of infection do you have on the penis?
2) Is there any discharge, itching, pain, etc ?
3) Kindly explain what do you mean by suffering during intercourse?
4) Do you have any other disease as BP, Diabetes?
5) Any relevant information which you think would help.

Anticipating your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from years of infection on the skin during intercourse. Why? 4 hours later
1. it cracks on the skin of the penis during intersourse.
2. No. but it feel burning sensation.
3. Burning sensation during intercourse.
4. Low BP.
5. I feel weakness.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 21 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

Burning in the penis along with cracks or the sore feeling you are having can occur due to many reasons.
1)     Infection in the penis which is most commonly fungal in origin. The most preferred treatment for it is antifungal ointments as Clotrimazole. Sometimes application of one topical antifungal is not sufficient and a combination of two and more antifungals are needed.
2)     Hormonal imbalance
3)     Excessive tobacco abuse
4)     Excessive masturbation.
5)     Stress
6)     Inflammation of penile mucosa and other structures like corpus spongiosum. This can be ruled out by your urologist
7)     Stuck foreskin over glans.

Since it has been present for a long time, I suggest you get it physically examined once by a urologist as examination is utmost important in this case.
Also conditions as raised blood sugar are also to be ruled out as it might cause a problem.

Till that time, follow these simple lifestyle measures:

1) Avoid rough intercourse and use a water based lubricant during intercourse.
2) Wear cotton underwear.
3) Change underwear daily, wash underwear in hot water and double rinse (to remove any irritating detergent) and take adequate nutrition and sleep.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor