Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffering from wheezing, mainly during rainy season. Allergic to dust. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Allergist and Immunologist
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 584 Questions

Suffering from wheezings since 2-3 year old kid. Allergic mainly to dust. Acute wheezings occur 4-5 times a year. Mainly during rainy season.

I would like to know a suitable inhaler . Please suggest the same. I will be travelling often, and an inhaler would help me.
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 3 hours later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thank you for writing to us.

It seems you have significant house dust mite and developed allergic asthma over the years. That you worsen during the rainy season would suggest mold sensitivity as well, but all of this needs to be confirmed on skin prick or specific IgE blood tests.
Pulmonary function tests (pre and post inhaler) would give us an idea of the extent of asthma (i.e., how much improvement in lung function after inhaler therapy) and guide us to the type of inhaler you might need.

For emergency, Salbair or Levosalbutamol 2-8 puffs at one go upto three times daily can be used but would mean you require a steroid inhaler daily.
There are several of these including combination of steroid with long acting beta agonists.

Please see a chest Physician or an Allergist for optimisation of asthma control.

Best Wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor