Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Suffering from weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath and anxiety. EKG, blood test normal. Concerned

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 634 Questions
I am 43 yr old female suffering from weak legs, dizziness, shortness of breath and severe anxiety. My b12, iron and folic acid levels are all low. I had an EKG, blood work and ultrasound of carotid artery all fine. Bp is 110/72.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 54 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Some of the symptoms could be related to low B12 level and folic deficiency like dizziness. Some like weakness also could be related to B12 which is low. Shortness of breath can happen with low iron, low folic and low B12 which cause anemia. Anxiety has two parts. One part is related to body which anemia can mimic many symptoms of it. However, low B12 level can cause anxiety. Fortunately, many of these issues could be managed with correcting these deficiencies. B12 sometimes does not have a good oral absorption, so most doctors recommend injection of B12 weekly at first and then monthly. I wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath and anxiety. EKG, blood test normal. Concerned 9 minutes later
What about twitching eyelid, numbness on the bridge of my nose and chest tightness
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, pardon me for the delay. Chest tightness can be related to anemia. twitching the eyelid could be related to stress. Many people find it when they are in stress. Numbness on the bridge of your nose can also be related to stress. Have you had any stress factor recently in your life? Are these issues present even when you do not have stress factor in the life?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor