Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Suffering from watery eyes. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1173 Questions
My mother is 59 years old and lives in Alwar(Rajasthan). Almost from last 6 months she is continuously getting water from her eyes just like tears. We consulted to local doctors and they suggested glasses. As still it did not help much, they further told her eyes not consuming excessive water due to some blockage. They gave 1 injection near eye and asked that it should sour her throat but it did not happen. They suggested some eye drops to use couple of times in a day.

Still after 2 months condition is same. Please advice. If you can advice some good doctor in Hyderabad also it will be great.
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
What your mother seems to be having is Dacryocystitis,where the passage of tears from eye to throat is blocked.
This leads to excess watering from the eye as the tears are drained to throat.
She must have been given anti biotic eye drops which are to be put in 3 to 4 times a day.
If the problem persists and is not helped by these drops then as a last resort a new passage is made,the surgery is called Dacryocystorhinostomy.
You canconsult LV XXXXXXX eye institute at banjara hill for exact assessement.
Please. do get back to me in case of any furth help in this matter.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor