Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from urinary infection, routine test showed puss cell. Given norflox. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 439 Questions
Sir,My age is 32 yrs and for last 20 odds days i have been suffering from urinary infections .I have done routine test earlier which showed puss cell 3-5 hpfand epithelial cell 2-4 Hpf After 20 days again i did the test as there was burning sensation during urniation and pain.The pain also stays for sometime .The medication i was given Norflox 400 .This time report showed trace of aLBUMIN,RBC -3-4 HPF and PUS Cell 3-4 hpf and crystal of cALCIUM Oxalate present.Please advise me how to go about the treatment.
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 24 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

You are having urinary tract infections, and some time it is very difficult to eradicate the infection especially if there is some source of infection persisting in the body.

Presence of calcium oxalate crystals and few red blood cells in the urine in the presence of difficulty to eradicate urinary infection point towards the possibility of urinary calculus.

I will advise you to go for a ultrasound of the kidney and the ureters to look for the stones, also you may need to go for urinary culture to see what antibiotics are needed to eradicate the infection from your body.

Please check your sugar levels also, just in case diabetes is contributing to the infection.

Thanks, Please let me know if you need further help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from urinary infection, routine test showed puss cell. Given norflox. Advise? 41 minutes later
sir ,I have done culture where no bacteria found .There are some mild pain in my pennis due to this infections.The antibiotics i am taking is NORFLOX 400 mg and Neeri should i continue till i do my KUB -uLTRASOUND.Will it give me some reliefor should i change my medicines .please advise.
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 6 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

I think you should repeat the culture.

All are the indications are of a urinary tract infection and the culture should determined the same..

You can take some urine alkalysing agents to give symptomatic relief along with antibiotics.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor