Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Suffering from upset stomach, fever and loose motions. Help?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
My Brother - XXXXX is around 30 Years.
His Stomach is upset from past 1 month. He is getting himself Treated from the one of the Finest (The Best) Dr. in Ludhiana. Still he is not Improving. He Stomach is still upset. He is having problem of loose motions & Continuously suffering from fever in the range 99- 101. I am attaching all his reports for the Tests he had in the past 15 days Plus the Prescription of the Doctor. Kindly advise me how much time this problem will take to resolve.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Your brother is sufffering feom chronic diarrhea which usually as a result of a good number of causes. No doubt his doctor is one of the best but when dealing with chronic diarrhea the dituation could at timrs embarras wven the best doctors. The most frequent cause is usually infection which could be of bacterial, fungal, parasitic, protozoal origin... then other causes such as systemic illnesses, autoimmune diseases, gastroparesis etc. Your doctor normally would proceed by doing all the tests indicated and maybe do some additional. Refering your brother to a gadteoenterologist will be the best possible option he can take at this point. Resistant germs exist so specific antibiotics could provided after a sensivity test.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Please feel free to write back.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor