Suffering from tight foreskin and white discharge. What is the disease and treatment to be done?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Hi my partner is suffering from tight foreskin at the moment. Which has been around for the last 2-3 days. About a month ago he saw a doc he said it was exma so we did treatment for 4 days it cleared up then 2 days later it was back but a lil worse so a 2nd doc said it was ringworm he prescribed kenacomb 50g which he has been applying for the last 23 days. But about 10 days into treatment he did not notice any difference so we went back he saw a different doc who prescribed him e-mycin 400mg take twice daily but then we found out that was for skin infections, which we are 99% sure he did not have. Now 9 days ago he was prescribed grisovin 500 once daily there has been some improvement though the doc said to continue using kenacomb as well. But for the last 2-3 days his foreskin has become really tight to pull back it looks as though it is strangling his head once pull back. So last night we went to the hospital n they told him to stop all treatment an apply hydrozole for 3 times daily for 3 days. But then today we had a 5th opinion n he said to apply a Vaseline lotion stop kenacomb forget hydrozole and just continue with grisovin. But now he is that stressed we don't no what to do. He also has this clear sticky substance coming from his penis at first we thought it was precum but now we think it is a discharge of some kind. Can u help in any way to ease our minds in what this could be or what the best treatment could be.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 45 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
In addition to the treatment given, I suggest Mupirocin or fucidin.
Please apply over and below the foreskin thrice daily.
Also hygiene is important.
If there is no resonse in 3 to 5 days,he may need circumcision.
Best regards
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Thank you but I dont think you helped, if things don't clear up in 3-5 days we shall go find another doctor.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
welcome back.
I understand your worry on this issue and seeing multiple doctors have not helped. I empathize you.
This is typical infection of the foreskin and glans called balanoposthitis. The cause is usually bacterial infection and less commonly fungal infection.
Your doctors have tried antifungal treatment, BUT NOT ANTIBACTERIAL LOCAL APPLICATION.
I have made sincere effort to help him from a remote place and that too without having examine him.
Please try this anti-bacterial ointment (MUPIROCIN/FUCIDIN) for 3 to 5 days and if it does not help, i do not think it is wise to wait.
If the skin is getting tight gradually, it always better to slit it open by dortsal slit method or by circumcision.
Hope this reassures you.
This problem is curable if you see the correct person - urologist/ derrmatologist.
wishing him best health.
DR GS