Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

181 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suffering from tight foreskin and white discharge. What is the disease and treatment to be done?

Answered by
Dr. G.Srinivasan


Practicing since :1991

Answered : 1414 Questions

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Hi my partner is suffering from tight foreskin at the moment. Which has been around for the last 2-3 days. About a month ago he saw a doc he said it was exma so we did treatment for 4 days it cleared up then 2 days later it was back but a lil worse so a 2nd doc said it was ringworm he prescribed kenacomb 50g which he has been applying for the last 23 days. But about 10 days into treatment he did not notice any difference so we went back he saw a different doc who prescribed him e-mycin 400mg take twice daily but then we found out that was for skin infections, which we are 99% sure he did not have. Now 9 days ago he was prescribed grisovin 500 once daily there has been some improvement though the doc said to continue using kenacomb as well. But for the last 2-3 days his foreskin has become really tight to pull back it looks as though it is strangling his head once pull back. So last night we went to the hospital n they told him to stop all treatment an apply hydrozole for 3 times daily for 3 days. But then today we had a 5th opinion n he said to apply a Vaseline lotion stop kenacomb forget hydrozole and just continue with grisovin. But now he is that stressed we don't no what to do. He also has this clear sticky substance coming from his penis at first we thought it was precum but now we think it is a discharge of some kind. Can u help in any way to ease our minds in what this could be or what the best treatment could be.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 45 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
In addition to the treatment given, I suggest Mupirocin or fucidin.
Please apply over and below the foreskin thrice daily.
Also hygiene is important.
If there is no resonse in 3 to 5 days,he may need circumcision.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Thank you but I dont think you helped, if things don't clear up in 3-5 days we shall go find another doctor.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
welcome back.
I understand your worry on this issue and seeing multiple doctors have not helped. I empathize you.
This is typical infection of the foreskin and glans called balanoposthitis. The cause is usually bacterial infection and less commonly fungal infection.
Your doctors have tried antifungal treatment, BUT NOT ANTIBACTERIAL LOCAL APPLICATION.
I have made sincere effort to help him from a remote place and that too without having examine him.
Please try this anti-bacterial ointment (MUPIROCIN/FUCIDIN) for 3 to 5 days and if it does not help, i do not think it is wise to wait.
If the skin is getting tight gradually, it always better to slit it open by dortsal slit method or by circumcision.
Hope this reassures you.
This problem is curable if you see the correct person - urologist/ derrmatologist.
wishing him best health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Posthitis

doctor1 MD

My 20month old son (uncut) has a very swollen penis, there is no discharge, but it is tender. It looks almost as if he has a lump just below the foreskin. The foreskin is very red and swollen also. What could be the problem and what should I do about it? Thanking you in advance.

doctor1 MD

I'm a XXXX. I feel pain and irritation in the penis when I feel like sex. My marriage has been 2 years. And I am disturb by this problem.

doctor1 MD

Attention Dr ChantraKant. pls forward to Dr Chnatrakant. Sir attached the snaps. There s a dark pink scar on tip what is it. Have never noticed. There is also a white scar on the pens. Pls reply asap.

doctor1 MD

hi sir i got cracks on my penis foreskin. i am unable to pull back my foreskin and unable to do sex with my wife. please give the remedy

doctor1 MD

Doctor I am suffering from balanoposthitis. My height is 5ft 11inches weight 83kg and age 32.Doctor prescribed me to take twice daily lizolid 600 for 4 days,uriliser syrup and ask me to wash the infected area with soap wash followed betadine solution and ask to take injection. But the area is paining extremely and I am unable to walk properly also please suggest me whether i am on right treatment or not?

doctor1 MD

I am an uncircumcised male, of late i have noticed irritation on the end on the foreskin there is also very slight bleeding on the base of the glans, i have tried an antiseptic cream (SOOV) to minimise, also the foreskin (edge is very tight and hard to pull back over the glans when cleaning myself

doctor1 MD

Hi, i had a problem with yeast infection, but i used the anti fungal cream, and now the rash is gone from inside of my foreskin and glans, but on the outside of my foreskin has like small dry patch and is a little swollen like on the top of the foreskin.