Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Suffering from throat infection. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
Am suffeering since long time with throat infection(high tonsilities)ans am frequently falling down in to the sick pl. suggest.
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 31 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

You said you are having throat infection for quite long time, you become ill frequently because of your throat infection and you have labelled it as high tonsillitis - I hope you are already been examined by your physician and got diagnosed as tonsillitis.

Recurrent tonsillar infection is consider as Chronic Tonsillitis. And conservative treatment will give you only temporary relief. My opinion is if anyone having frequent attacks of tonsillitis than tonsillectomy operation should be the treatment of choice. It takes care of the problem and you find a permanent cure.

Therefore I would suggest you to consult any ENT doctor for thorough examination and if operation is advised by your surgeon than do the same. This is a minor operation and usually done in day care clinics.

I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor