Suffering from stress and hair loss. Have a habit of eating large meals. What could be the problem?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: Hello i am 20 years old and my Weight is 53 kg (116 lbs) and my Height is 173 cm (5.7 ft) My Father is also thin and all my family and even my uncles so i know this is geneticly, i also eat alot foods per day but i dont move from 53 kg Please tell me a way to fix it, i also use internet alot and have stress and hair loss i have a theroyid test tommorow to see if there is a problem but i really dont know what to do i want to make my weight it at least 60 kg please help me thanks.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Brief Answer: treat underlying cause if any, increase diet intak Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXX Thanks for posting your query. Your problem seems to be constitutional which is difficult to alter. If there is found some hormonal imbalance like thyroid disorder, then correcting it might help. Other step to manage it is to increase nutritional intake and do moderate exercises. A rational combination of balanced diet modest calories and good amount of protein and a moderate regular aerobic exercises. A diet high in protein helps to build muscles and deposits some fat. But choose foods which are high in protein and low in fat in order to gain muscle mass. Some suggestions can be: •Dried fruit and nuts •Fruit OR Vegetable juice along with Chicken or Paneer or Vegetable sandwiches (preferably brown bread) •Omelette with toast or roll •Cereal with milk •A protein or energy bar •A protein or energy shake You should NOT be eating fat. Fat slows down digestion. It would also be slowing down the digestion of protein and carbohydrate that you had after the work out. Include more of whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits, chicken in your diet. Avoid junk foods, oily foods, carbonated beverages, alcohol, saturated sweets which will eventually suppress your hunger, substitute with fruit milkshakes, chicken / tuna sandwich, boiled pulses like rajma, chole, paneer tikka, tofu sandwiches, dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk, groundnut chikki/ burfi, green banana which are high in protein and low in fat. I hope this answers your query. In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Thank you very much for the Answer doctor But i wanted to know that if i do Masturbation will that cause me to be Thin? and please Tell me if it has any Complications for doing that because i was doing it for few years now and i just stopped it about 20 days.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 hours later
Brief Answer: masturbation is not a cause of thin built Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX Welcome to Healthcare Magic. Masturbation is not a cause of thin built or any other physical drawback. If you like it and want to continue go ahead with it. There is no health adverse effect of masturbation. Take care.