Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stomach pain, swelling in bowl and kidney stone. All tests blood, typhoid and ultrasound normal.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
Doctor I am 46 ys. and in marketing job so more than 15 days i am out of home in a month.suffering from mild stomach ache since last month and since last 10-12 days there is mild fever 99-99.5 in evening inbetween 8-11 pm.
I done all tests like LFT, KFT, BLOOD, TYPHOID & ULTRASOUND, all are normal except some swelling in bowl and 4mm stone in right kidney. Doctor started my treatment with ZIFI-O BD but after taking medicine for last 7 days symptoms are persist, please guide me what should be the cause & line of treatment.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 22 minutes later
As per your query,you are having 4mm stone in the right kidney.A stone of that size will not cause severe pain.The pain will be confined to the back on right side.
Please mention the exact site of pain,whether in upper abdomen or lower abdomen,right side or left side.As the organs are fixed,the site of pain can guide us.
You have written that there is swelling in the bowel.Whether it is in small bowel or large bowel?Please clarify.
Evening rise of temperature if it is persistent should be investigated.Tuberculosis is the most common cause for this in India.
But the fever is mild in your case.IT can be due to infection in the body.If you are passing dark coloured urine and having pain during urine passage,then it could be CT scan of the whole abdomen for exact location and diagnosis of bowel lesion.
Apart from antibiotic ,please take anti inflammatory drug with combination of Aceclofenac and paracetamol,Rabeprazole with Domperidone capsule.
If you can send ultrasound report as attachment i can clarify further
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor