Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stomach pain and loose motion. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Stomach Pain and loose Motion since morning 4 times till now watery.32 , 5feet 8Inches, weight 160 lbs and no medical history issue
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

The most likely cause of your symptoms is a viral infection. We refer to this as a viral gastroenteritis.

I would recommend that you consider using Imodium. You can get this over-the-counter from the pharmacy with no problem.

In addition it is also very port that you maintain good hydration until your symptoms improve. As far as your diet is concerned I would recommend a very bland diet including bread rice and toast for the next couple of days until you feel better.

Thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to discuss those with you.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor