Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stomach infection. Temporary relief from metrogyl. Looking for permanent cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
Hi, my daughter (aged 13 years) and my wife (aged 39 yrs) are suffering from stomach disorder. Looks like a stomach infection - initial dosage of metrogyl 400 is giving temporary relief. But the symptoms are recurring - pain in stomach followed by small amount of stool. Need advise for permanent recovery.


Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 13 minutes later
Infection of the gut is due to contaminated food and water.
Metrogyl course has to be taken fully.
Please avoid outside food.
You should also take a Pre and Probiotic capsule.
You should be cautious about the food and water you take.Then you can avoid this infection.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from stomach infection. Temporary relief from metrogyl. Looking for permanent cure 14 minutes later
Thanks for the advise. Please let me know what additional medicine (name of the medicine) is to be taken and the dosage and course for the same. I did not understand pre and probiotic capsule.

Will the dosage and course vary for my daughter and wife?

Thanks and regards,
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 7 hours later
I am sorry.I cannot write the dosage and duration here as it becomes a pescription,which i am not supposed to do here.
Instead of Metrogyl,they can be given Ofloxacin and Ornidazole.
Pre and probiotic capsules come under various trade names.One is PRE PRO HS.
Yes,the dosage changes with your wife and daughter.
Your wife has to take tablets twice daily,where as your daughter needs once daily.
The main culprit is outside food.
Please avoid it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor