Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stomach ache and cold sweats. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 5 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query
In Gastritis like symptoms which you are feeling at present we have to seek immediate medical attention if you have any of the following symptoms.
1.Vomiting that does not allow the affected person to take food, fluids, and medications
2. Fever with abdominal pain
3. Fainting or feeling faint
4. Rapid heartbeat
5. Unexplained sweating
6. Pallor
7. Repeated vomiting of XXXXXXX or yellow material
8. Vomiting any amount of blood
9. Shortness of breath
10. Chest pain

You have pain abdomen and sweating as you have explained. You need a medical attention and get treated for that. The safest treatment is to avoid substances that trigger gastritis symptoms. First, the patient has to identify the triggers of gastritis (sandwich in case of you, avoid all type of food which is unhygienic). In addition to this avoid:
1. Certain medications and chemicals like aspirin
2. Cigarette smoking
3. Alcohol
4. Coffee and other beverages that contain caffeine, such as cola and tea
5. Avoid those things that irritate the stomach or cause symptoms to flare up.

Take a trail with antacids like ENO at your home and light fresh semi-liquid food and keep yourself hydrated. Other medicinal treatment includes:
1. H2-blockers like famotidine and ranitidine: They help in producing less acid and allows the stomach to heal.
2. PPIs like lansoprazole(Prevacid) and omeprazole (Prilosec, Losec).
3. Antibiotics may if needs your physician feels it is required.
4. Antispasmodic drugs like dicylomine can be used to reduce abdominal pain.

Consult your physician for the prescription if antacids and home care does not help you.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer your any follow up query.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor