Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suffering from spondylytis, taking Sazo, Pand from Alkem. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 547 Questions
i am suffering from ankylosing spondylytis, aged 30 and i had an attack ten days back and started taking the below medicine and i was feeling good for last 8 days but now after stop painkillers its same problem. these medicine were prescribed by orthologist from kolkata

what should i do now, change medicine? any instant solution
my last test was HLB 27 POSITIVE

SAZO 500 from wallace pharma


Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
NSAIDs is the treatment for AS.

Detailed Answer:

The pharmacological treatment for AS is basically NSAIDs (painkillers). Diclofenac sodium, ibuprofen, etoricoxib, etc., are widely used in by doctor. It has to be taken under guidance of a rheumatologist.

As the other treatments are recommended only if you are not responding to the above medication.
Apart from this there is guidance to do exercises for the back and also aerobic exercises which will help you with the pain and stiffness.

So I suggest you get in touch with a rheumatologist at the earliest in order to start proper treatment.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Best of luck and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from spondylytis, taking Sazo, Pand from Alkem. Suggest? 12 hours later

what should be the diet for AS Treatment

did i need to go for any blood test like RA FACTOR or uric acid test.

becoz the pain is also extending towards ankle

what precuation should be taken to stop this attack.. which comes in a year

what are the new treatment is available for AS

and you have not mentioned any medicine for decreasing the inflamatory in the body.

Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sulfasalazine, Infliximab

Detailed Answer:

You don't need to go for any other tests, as they are not related to AS.

Also there is no specific diet for AS, you need to follow a balanced healthy diet.

The medicine for decreasing inflammation is NSAIDs,
if the disease is going to peripheral joints like ankles then it is recommended to start taking medication like sulfasalazine in doses of atleast 2 grams per day.
Also the NSAIDs will help you with the pain and swelling in ankles also.

As far as the newer treatments, there is a class of drugs called biologics and the prototype of this is a molecule called infliximab, this is used in conditions which are refractory to the routine medicines.
However they are frightfully expensive, so that is another consideration.

As far as precautions are concerned there are none as such, except that you should be exercising regularly, taking medication as advised by your doctor and thats about it.

please feel free to clear any doubts you may have.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from spondylytis, taking Sazo, Pand from Alkem. Suggest? 15 hours later

Thanks for your reply !!!

Today i have consultation with a rhemutologist.

and prescribed medicine like-tab TORCOXIA BCD and tab RABETOR for next ten days

and asked to do with following test

AND SEMEN TEST,if they will start sulfasalazine medicine

they also told me there are side effects of sulfasalazine, which reduce the sprem count. so what is your opinion on that

and is the treatment going on right direction?

And i have taken Saz 500 two tablet in last 10 days with my old prescription.


Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Treatment going right.

Detailed Answer:

The approach seems to be fine.

Yes, sulfasalazine can decrease the sperm count in some cases but the good part is that it is totally reversible, so once you stop taking the drug, your sperm count comes back to normal.
since they have started an NSAID it is right.

And the tests are basically, routine tests.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor