Suffering from sneezing and swelling inside nose due to dust allergy. Taking cetirizine. Suggest

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I am allergic to dust and strong smell like perfume and smoke from last 10 years and the results are:- continuous sneezing and swelling inside nose I am taking cetirizine but it is just a temporary treatment.
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems to be allergic rhinitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. You seem to be suffering from allergic rhinitis. 2. Do get yourself clinically evaluated by ENT specialist for the same. 3. Rather then cetrizine monotherapy, add on therapy will be required if it is non responsive to cetrizine. 4. In place of cetrizine, you can take (Montelukast + levocetrizine) Tb Montair LC 1 tablet in the night along with AZEFLO nasal spray in each nostril at night. These need to be continued through our the winter season. Please taken these medications in supervision of your doctor. Also avoidence of known triggers like perfume, smoke, etc is required. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist