Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suffering from short term memory loss problem. Advise some medical treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 415 Questions
I am 31 and presently working in a reputed bank based out of Mumbai.I am going through a short term memory loss problem.I forget things very fast. Most importantly I have been facing this problem since my college days.Mostly I forget very quickly the names of people and other informations. As per my personal assesement ,my lack of concentration is one of the sole reason behind this. But now it is a high time I need to address this issue very seriously. This problem has badly affecting my self confidence and also professional progress.Another important concern of mine is I cannot stress my brain ie whenever any difficulty I face in remembering something,I give up very easily. I cannot hold my concentration for long.I wish to pursue a online course for professional advancement. But not able to imbibe enough confidence in myself to go ahead because of this problem.Now I request your advice in the following
1. Kindly advise what kind of medical treatment I can undergo for curing this
2. If possible, advise me any good local doctor( in Mumbai) whom I can personally visit and discuss in detail about this issue
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

These kind of problems can be caused by : chronic stress, any ongoing / suppressed stress, over-work, marital difficulties etc.; alcohol consumption, generalized anxiety disorder, head injury in past, etc.

The treatment depends on the cause; it can be combination of medicine plus counselling / psychotherapy. You are right you should consult a professional to help you come out of this situation. You will surely get the best benefit slowly when you XXXXXXX an expert.

Prof Subhangini XXXXXXX professor of psychiatry at KEM Hospital, Mumbai can be consulted

Please let me know if I can be of some more help

Wish you good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor