Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe vertigo. Have had physical therapy. Further treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
i am suffering from severe vertigo. Have had physical therapy been to ENT doctor. What can i do next or what type of doctor do i see?

Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 21 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Vertigo is a complex neurological symptom. It needs detailed clinical examination and investigation to know the cause.
Cause can be in the brain or in the ear.
You have not got relief by ENT doctor treatment so you should consult a Neurologist/Internal Medicine now.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from severe vertigo. Have had physical therapy. Further treatment? 1 hour later
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergies are unlikely to cause vertigo.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to Healthcare magic.
If you have acute Eustachian tube then it may cause tinnitus and vertigo but it recovers as soon as the congestion improves.
I hope this clears your doubt.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor