Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe headache. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
sir gud morning, this XXXXXXX my wife aged 36 is suffering frm severe headache(she has migrane) , not only u treat her.. but evn kindly pls suggest a good doc who deals migrane in Kolkata
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your concern for your wife. Migraine is a common cause of headache.

Migraine is often treated by simple analgesic like Paracetamol and if it is associated nausea and vomiting, it can be combined with antiemetics.

There are new drugs for pain like sumatriptan that may be used, if required.

If the attacks of migraine are frequent, then preventive therapy like topiramate, valproate, or Beta-blocker may be given.

You need to consult Neuro Physician for proper prescription.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
In the mean time, you take care to take proper sleep, and avoid chocolate, cheese.

Hope this information is helpful to you and if you have any further query please ask I will be happy to assist.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor