Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe hair fall. Using hair 4 u lotion. Will it be safe to use morr f solution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Hello Doctor,

I'm 28 years old(female) & I have very bad hair fall & nearly bald(Hereditary) in the frontal , side & top area for the past 8 years. Although i have good density at the back of my head.
I'm taking prescribed Hair 4 U 5% minoxidil solution for the past 1 year, i could see a bit of a difference in the last 6 months of usage by reduced hair fall & a bit of hair growth & then it became stagnant. So my doctor told me to switch to Morr F 5% which has Finasteride. I'm worried to use this solution because , Finasteride(tablet intake - back then) caused me hair growth on my face & my periods got haywire when i used this just for 2 months, 7 years back .
Kindly suggest if i should take Morr F , which has Finasteride but only local application & not intake , so will it still affect my periods?
Do you think i can get back my frontal hair or am i just fooling around with new products?

Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Morr-F as such contains very less amount of finesteride, so it would not affect your periods. So you may apply it over your scalp.
In female pattern hair loss, usually minoxidil is prescribed. If required, oral therapies like cyproterone acetate, spirinolactone etc can be added. Oral finesteride as such has not been much tried in females, however some doctors have reported good response with it in females having hair fall with excessive hair growth, oily skin or acne problems.
As you are having severe hair fall, I suppose you have got your hormonal profile done.
If it has not been advised so far, kindly get it done.

Sometimes topical therapy might not yield a desired response, in such cases you may discuss the option of mesotherapy of scalp with your doctor.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, I would be happy to assist you further.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor