Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe hair fall. Suggest some solution

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
i am suffering from severe hair fall during last 6 months
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

The condition you are having can be androgenetic alopecia or diffuse hair loss.

Androgenetic alopecia results in receding frontal hair line and thinning of hair and decreased density at top of the head and widening of central parting of hair.

In diffuse hair loss no fixed pattern is seen and hair loss is excessive.
Which of the two you have ?

Treatment of this condition is minoxidil and finasteride these are effective topically.Combination of the two drugs in lotion form is very safe and effective.

It has good effect should be continued for atleast 6 months for visible effects.

A visit to qualified dermatologist would be required for starting few prescription medicines.

Also few procedures like mesotherapy and dermaroller can help a lot.These procedures are available at dermatology clinics.

With proper tablets and procedures hair loss can be stopped and new hair growth can be achieved.

Till the time you can start tablet keraglo XXXXXXX one per day.
Keep good diet .Eat fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables daily.
Avoid direct sun and wind exposure to hair.
Avoid combing when wet.
Avoid harsh dyes /gels/oils /colors/shampoos.

You can use trigaine shampoo.
Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.


Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor