Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe gastric trouble, severe bloating and belching with flatulence. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
hello doctor, my age is 20, and iam suffering from severe gastric trouble, i have been suffering from this problem from last 6-7 months, and i have nt consulted any doctor yet, i hav the sensation of severe bloating and belching and flatulence too. can u suggest me any medicines for my problem.
due to this gastric truoble, i could nt eat properly even, whatevr i eat belching and could not complete my meals this problem increased from last 1 month. from last 2 years i lost my appetite and i never ate at propre timings and no intake of food in required amounts. is there any permanent solution for my problem, suggest me medicines for my problem
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anti gastric agent required

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from severe gastritis. It is easily treatable with drugs like pantoprazole once a day for 15 days and since you have severe bloating also I recommend a combination drug like pantoprazole with domperidone for 15 days. However in the treatment of gastritis lifestyle modifications are of utmost importance. I would want you follow these suggestions

1. Do not skip meals, have meals at the same time everyday.
2. Avoid caffeine drinks like tea and coffee for now. Avoiding milk and milk products will reduce bloating
3. Avoid smoking and alcohol
4. Sleep for minimum of 6 hours a day and make sure to give a gap of two hours after dinner to sleep

I hope I was of help, if the problem still persists please approach a gastroenterologist for an endoscopy to rule out gastric ulcer
I will be happy to get back to you if you have any further queries

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor