Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffering from seasonal and food allergies. Have swollen eyelids and excema around it. Any cure?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I suffer from seasonal n food allergies..over the last 3 mths for the second time, I have swollen eyelids and excema around it..can u suggest any cure for it..thnx
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
Thank you for asking a question.
You have told you have a history of allergy to seasonal and foods.
Have you ever tested for specific substances which are allergic for you?
If you have not done yet then do it. It is your first step to fight against allergy. Because this condition is mainly due to production of antibodies against the allergic substances. So, you have to know every substances which are allergic for you.
I am telling you this because, you only know seasonal and foods like pineapple are allergic. But after having report of this test you will come to know many substances that are involved in your day to day work are also allergic for you.
Try to avoid everthing which are allergic for you. Prevention is the central part of treatment.

For the eyelid lesions, first consult with your family physician or a dermatologist for a clinical examination. Clinical examination will confirm it as an atopic dermatitis or other lesion. It may be due to the infection of the sebaceous glands present in eyelid.
Secondly, take cetrizine group of drugs for allergic reaction.
- If, the lesions are due to secondary infection, azithromycin group of antibiotics should be used.
- For suppression of immune mechanism, corticosteroids or tacrolimus group of drugs are indicated. But these drugs should be used in close observation of the treating doctor.

So, consult with your physician or a dermatologist for further clinical examination , for ordering the abovementioned test and for prescribing the abovementioned drugs accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor