Suffering from ringing ear, headache, sinusitis, dizziness, hair loss and fatigued. Looking for treatment
- Ringing in ears & need to pop constantly with no improvement.
- Headaches from posterior base of skull to temples, more prominent on right side.
- From headaches seems to be pressure behind right eye.
- Sinusitus like effects which come and go.
- Back and neck tension (cervical area greater discomfort)
- Slight swelling of right lymph node on right side of throat under jaw bone, leading to right ear.
- Dizzyness & imbalance when walking or standing.
- Left arm & leg tingling and numb, on and off.
- Tightness of chest on and off.
- Fatigue but inability to sleep.
- Testicles ache sometimes and lower abdomen.
- Hair loss & thinning.
- Feel disconnected, lucid, dreamlike sometimes.
- No photophobia, but discomfort looking at computer screens, gradual improvement however.
- Blood results clean & okay - just Vitamin D very low, Calcium high & traces of Acetone in urine.
- CT Scan of head 100% clear, no tumours or lesions in skull or behind eyes.
- Lung capacity test clear.
- General physician checkup clear.
- Stopped smoking 28 days ago - 6 years - 1packet p.d.
- Stopped marijuana 28 days ago - 4 years - daily smoker.
- Stopped cocaine 28 days ago - 1 year - weekly
- Symptoms arose before stopping all the above and have had the above intense symptoms for 7 weeks. - stopping cold XXXXXXX arised as my concern for my health has now taken over and value my well-being!
- Some panic attacks since 6 months ago.
- Little excercise but good diet.
- 2litres fluid per day consumed.
- Worked 60-100hrs per week until 5 weeks ago - now on leave.
- Work in IT & technology, sat down in front of computer, camera equipment & studios.
- Prescribed anibiotics also as precautionary measure, but no improvements after 2 weeks.
Advice on symptoms - physical / mental / withdrawal / terminal? I have wondered about everything from diabetes to meningitis but have had these ruled out and proposed 'burnout syndrome'. Suggestions much appreciated doctor - thank you.
Thanks for the query.
You have posted a detailed account of your symptoms and I appreciate your efforts. And as per the details provided you have various symptoms spread across various specialty. However since physical check up, blood test and scans were normal, I am unable to relate your problems to any organic systemic illness. Probably your symptoms may be related to anxiety with or without panic attacks related to your earlier addiction habits and got aggravated due to withdrawal from smoking, marijuana, and cocaine.
They are not burnt out or terminal. Take out this fear from your mind.
My advice for you is that you will need the following actions:
1. Behaviour and lifestyle modification: adequate physical and mental relaxation such as XXXXXXX breathing exercise, physical exercises, transcendental meditation, yoga, goo sleep, diet, etc.
2. Consult a psychiatrist for psychotherapy.
3. Antianxiety pills may be tried briefly under the guidance of competent psychiatrist.
4. Continue to drink plenty of fluids.
With these lifestyle changes and medications, we should be able to bring relief from your symptoms.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Headaches fatigue hair loss and mood swings
- Headache dizziness acid reflux hair loss
- Looking best doctor for hair loss treatment
- Hair loss dizziness fatigue headaches hand numbness
- Suffering from excessive hair loss treatment
- Sinusitis and hair loss
- Headache rapid heart beat hair loss fatigue
- Suffering from hair loss suggest some treatment
- Hair loss headache fatigue nosebleed
- Hair loss dizziness fatigue shorness of breath