Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from rib joint pain which radiates to spinal cord. Diagnosed with Tietze syndrome and prescribed aceclo-p

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
Dear Doctor,

My wife is suffering from rib joint pain in left hand and that is causing pain at rib joint at back side neart to spinal cord. Because of this she could not able to lift any medium heavy objects and even she is getting pain while preparing chapati(while rolling the flour dough). She could not able do any work with her left hand thumb and also she is getting some swelling in the center of elbow from inside.

Medical History:

We approached Apollo Hospitals, Secumderabad.
There doctor told us that this is a problem of Tietze syndrome and he prescribed Aceclo-P(Pain Killer) tablet, and also suggested to for x-Ray and CT Scan. We did not get any fault in X-Ray and CT Scan reports, but problem still exists. Please kindly suggest us the best treatment for this problem.

Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.

First of all I want to reassure you that this is self limiting condition, so do not worry about this.
I suggest her to-

Take proper rest and avoid activities that cause pain and worsen her symptoms.

Do hot fomentation several times a day especially before the activities that increase her symptoms.

Continue using Aceclo-p as advised by her doctor to reduce pain and inflammation. Applying ice gel will be also helpful.

The pain usually subside within few weeks, so I suggest her to follow these simple things.

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any more concern.

Wishing her speedy recovery.

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor