Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Suffering from rib displacement. Looking for proper treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 170 Questions
Hello Doctor,

My wife is suffering from rib displacement. Please advise me for the proper treatment.

Thanks in Advance,
Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 19 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

I'm not sure what you mean by rib displacement. Maybe you mean pain in the ribs due to trauma or just spontaneous chest pain.

kindly elaborate the symptoms, like exact location of pain, which side, when did she first notice it,what aggravates the problem, is she on any medications.

Awaiting your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from rib displacement. Looking for proper treatment 57 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

There is a severe swelling near rib joint to the sternum it’s like solid raise and also she has severe pain and swelling spreading towards below shoulder muscles I mean near to below armpits area.

Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 3 hours later
Thank you so much for replying.

You have not mentioned an event of trauma or fall so I presume that the swelling was spontaneous in origin. In such cases you must take her to your physician for examination and get basic investigations like an xray done to establish a diagnosis.

It looks like some sort of inflammation or malignancy. One must not neglect these symptoms.
Meanwhile take analgesic to relieve pain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor