Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suffering from premature ejaculation.What medication should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10463 Questions
hi,m y self XXXXXXX i had done lots of mastrubation from my teens age. so when someone only touch my penise, my sperm fall. i am suffering from premature ejucalution. so,please suggest me right medicine,exercise so that i can last long at least half an hour in bed with patner and my desise premature ejucalation can be cure permanently,so that i can live healthy life. i am very frustated,,,,,please help me to make my penise healthy and strong
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Early discharge during sexual intercourse, also called as premature ejaculation is a common health concern among young men. The commonest cause for this is anxiety and lack of proper knowledge on sexual intercourse.

The following measures will help:
a. You can practice Kegel exercises which are good for better pubococcygeal muscle control. The technique is to contract the muscle puboccocygeus. This muscle is the one which you contract when you need to hold back urine. So you need to contract this muscle, hold and relax. This needs to be repeated several times daily.

b. The frequency of intercourse also has an important role. If you have intercourse more frequently, the duration will also be more and vice versa.

c. The medical management is usually by using selective serotonin uptake inhibitors like duloxetine. Since this is a prescription drug, please get it prescribed by your doctor.

Yes, there is a permanent cure for this. It is a multimodality treatment, both medications and sexual counselling is necessary. Since you are young, sexual counselling will be of great help to you and you may see the improvement after 3 to 5 sessions. The medications are prescribed after medical examination by a sexologist or a psychiatrist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from premature ejaculation.What medication should be done? 2 hours later
i am not satisfied with your answer. how can i cure pe permanently. this problem make me frustate, tell me about medicine,exercise without sideeffect.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Proper treatment needs a physical evaluation by a sexologist and regular exercise. All the medicines are associated with mild side effects and these are given after a detailed evaluation.
Since there are psychological causes associated with the problem, a 100% permanent instant cure cannot be assured.
You can start with Kegel exercises for now.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor