Suffering from premature ejaculation. Will it be cured by taking depoxetine?

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Premature Ejaculation
Question: Very Please help me!!!!
Why do I cum so fast? As soon I go in for about a minute I already want to cum. What do I need to do? I need something to delay my orgasm??? Please Help!!!!!! Does Pills such as "Depoxetine" work to delay it? and Do Pills like "Naturally Huge" make you grow larger?
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 42 minutes later
Hello again and thanks for your clarifications.

Your sexual problem, pre-mature ejaculation is a very common problem in young males, especially, in the recently married. Now, the good news is that in more than 90% of persons with this sexual problem, there is no medical abnormality found. Most of the times, the underlying subconscious anxiety / fears / doubts about inadequate sexual performance (called as "performance anxiety") or a hypersensitive response of the penis or inproper sexual arousal are the underlying causes.

Treatment of this problem is using behavioural techniques as well as using medication, in some cases. Usually medication is kept only as the last resort as most of the problems will resolve with proper behavioural techniques.

I would suggest the following tips to overcome this problem:

1) Firstly get rid of thoughts that you may be sexually inadequate or your doubts that you may not be able to perform properly. Like I mentioned before, performance anxiety, feelings of sexual indequacy, self-doubts, guilt, past negative sexual experiences, poor communication / understanding with the partner, etc. can all affect sexual functioning and performance. So, removing the person's doubts and fears, and improving his self-confidence levels will definitely help in improving sexual performance. Remember that sex is not just a physical act but also a psychological process involving an expression of emotions, intimacy and love. So, just involve yourself in those feelings and stop focussing on your "performance" alone. Once you do that, then I assure you that your sexual performance will automatically improve.

Most importantly, performance anxiety soon becomes a "viscious cycle" That is, anxiety leads to poor performance and poor performance then leads to further anxiety and this keeps on increasing. So, the key is to break this cycle at some point of time and take control of yourself.

2) The second cause for pre-mature ejaculation is hypersensitivity of the penis to touch sensations. Now, there are certain specific sexual techniques which can reduce this hypersensitivity. The "stop-start technique" or "squeeze technique" have been proven to be successful in increasing the ejaculatory time.

In the stop-start technique, the penis is stimulated (by sexual intercourse or by masturbation) till a point when you feel close to orgasm. At that point, the stimulation is stopped for some time and after a small gap, it is continued. This process is repeated repeated a few times.

In the squeeze technique, the penis can be stimulated by hand (by masturbation or by your partner) till a point when you feel close to orgasm. At that point, the lower part of the head of the penis is squeezed tightly with the index finger and thumb around for a few seconds till the erection decreases. Then the stimulation is restarted and the process is repeated a few times.

Both these techniques, if practised regularly can increase your time taken for orgasm.

3) The third problem responsible for erections getting weak and early ejaculation is inadequate sexual arousal. When the person is not properly aroused, the blood flow to the penis is not maximal, and so, after a few strokes, the erection weakens. The way to tackle this is not to rush into intercourse quickly, but wait till you get fully aroused. So, increase and spice-up your foreplay. Make sure that you initiate penetration only after both of you are fully turned on. Good foreplay not only arouses you but also sparks off the mood in your partner. So, when she is also aroused and involved, then things keep flowing smoothly and effortlessly, and you don't have to be constantly anxious if you are satisfying your partner or not.

4) Improve your communication with your partner - this means both verbal as well as non-verbal communication. Each person has his or her own ways of getting sexually aroused or feeling sexual pleasure. So, this verbal and non-verbal communication will let each of the partners understand each other's needs and thereby make sex both relaxing and enjoyable.

5) Distract yourself stop "monitoring" your sexual performance. Try putting on some romantic music or mild lighting while you make love. Think about the things that turn you on. Taking your mind off of your sexual performance can remove the worries that are stopping you from getting excited.

It is also important to eat a healthy & balanced diet, exercise regularly and try to stay positive and stress-free.

Now, Dapoxetine (Prilyxet) is a genuine allopathic medication that has been scientifically proven and approved for the treatment of PME. It belongs to a category of antidepressants called SSRIs and is specifically targetted and marketed for the treatment of PME. However, "Nuturally Huge" is not a proper allopathic medication and the components or the method of action or the effectiveness or safety of this medication is not scientifically proven or approved.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow up: Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
1. 4. and 5. I already did. Will the stop and start techinque work? What else would work? Because I'm really tired of cumming so fast!
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 6 hours later
Hello again,

The stop-start technique does work effectively. It may just require a few times of practice to learn the right technique. If your problem is severe, then you can also try medication such as Dapoxetine, since this has also been proven to work and it is a safe and approved medication.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist