Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suffering from premature ejaculation. Having pain in pelvic area. Proper treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
I am a 26 yr old man.
I am suffering from premature ejaculation. And I feel there are other problems related to it.
I have a higher sensitivity in my organ.
I masturbate on an average twice a week.
I feel a sensation in my right leg most of the times whenever I ejaculate and often a pain grips in my pelvic area (right side) and the joints of right leg as if certain nerves are pressurized. I have never felt it on my other leg.
I also feel to urinate while I am stimulating myself and often pass urine after ejaculation.
I have also seen that something fills in the right side of my penis and that small area gets a bit protruded during erection while stimulating. It get backs to normal after ejaculation (this started happening since last 1 year).
Sometimes when I press my right testicle, it pains but the pain is moderate.

I have taken urine culture test and CT scan - urogram/abdomen/pelvis but reports have been normal.
I never had any physical intercourse and I have never felt pain/ burning sensation or any bleeding while urinating.

I never used to feel all these problems before 4-5 years. It all started since I am diagnosed with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and I have been taking anti-spasmodic, anti-depressant medicines for a long time. In fact, sometimes my IBS problem (which includes right abdominal pain and constipated motions) get aggravated by masturbating and the pain in right leg, pelvis is more predominant.
I have tried pills like muslipower xtra and neo by charak but to no avail.

Please guide me as I am pretty much disturbed due to this.
Posted Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later

You start having dapoxetine under the care of urologist to improve your premature ejaculation.

The pain in the pelvic area as well as the right leg you experience after ejaculation is due to non relaxed nerves in the perineum. You should start taking tamsulosin under the guidance of urologist and your symptoms shall improve. Feeling of urination while masturbation is pretty normal and you should urinate prior to masturbation.

I shall be interested to know whether your foreskin gets pulled back or not.

Take care


Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from premature ejaculation. Having pain in pelvic area. Proper treatment? 14 hours later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX for your reply.

I have no problem in pulling my foreskin.

I have following queries and concerns:
1) I am still unclear whether IBS is affecting the problem of PE with pain or vice-versa?
2) I googled about the medicine 'tamsulosin' mentioned by you; and saw some websites stating that this is given for Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) , i.e. enlargement of prostate. Do I suffer from this?
3) I am yet to understand why a fluid fills up on my right side of penis and protrudes while masturbating. Is it a kind of edema? One more thing, after this happens, I tend to loose my erection and then feel like urinating.
4) Will taking the medicines mentioned by you affect my IBS problem?
5) Can you suggest me some urologists in Navi Mumbai/Mumbai whom I can reach out and get the prescription of medicines.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later

The following are my answers:

1. IBS usually does not have any relation to PE; but yes, they can be associated.

2. Tamsulosin is primarily for BPH. But it is also useful to relax the nerves in the perineum and hence shall improve your pain. You don't suffer from BPH.

3. As far as fluid fills up is concerned, it is very difficult to say without examination what the root cause is. You should see an urologist to understand it better.

4. These medications shall not affect your IBS.

5. As I practice far away from Mumbai, I do not have any personal reference which I can give you. You may be able to find a good specialist based on the user written reviews on WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope I have addressed all your queries. Let me know if you have other queries.
If there are no further follow-ups, please close this discussion.

Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from premature ejaculation. Having pain in pelvic area. Proper treatment? 5 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX for your reviews and advises.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

You are welcome


Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor