Suffering from premature ejaculation. Having pain in pelvic area. Proper treatment?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Question: I am a 26 yr old man.
I am suffering from premature ejaculation. And I feel there are other problems related to it.
I have a higher sensitivity in my organ.
I masturbate on an average twice a week.
I feel a sensation in my right leg most of the times whenever I ejaculate and often a pain grips in my pelvic area (right side) and the joints of right leg as if certain nerves are pressurized. I have never felt it on my other leg.
I also feel to urinate while I am stimulating myself and often pass urine after ejaculation.
I have also seen that something fills in the right side of my penis and that small area gets a bit protruded during erection while stimulating. It get backs to normal after ejaculation (this started happening since last 1 year).
Sometimes when I press my right testicle, it pains but the pain is moderate.

I have taken urine culture test and CT scan - urogram/abdomen/pelvis but reports have been normal.
I never had any physical intercourse and I have never felt pain/ burning sensation or any bleeding while urinating.

I never used to feel all these problems before 4-5 years. It all started since I am diagnosed with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and I have been taking anti-spasmodic, anti-depressant medicines for a long time. In fact, sometimes my IBS problem (which includes right abdominal pain and constipated motions) get aggravated by masturbating and the pain in right leg, pelvis is more predominant.
I have tried pills like muslipower xtra and neo by charak but to no avail.

Please guide me as I am pretty much disturbed due to this.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

You start having dapoxetine under the care of urologist to improve your premature ejaculation.

The pain in the pelvic area as well as the right leg you experience after ejaculation is due to non relaxed nerves in the perineum. You should start taking tamsulosin under the guidance of urologist and your symptoms shall improve. Feeling of urination while masturbation is pretty normal and you should urinate prior to masturbation.

I shall be interested to know whether your foreskin gets pulled back or not.

sincerely

Rajiv Goel
Follow up: Dr. Rajiv goel 14 hours later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX for your reply.

I have no problem in pulling my foreskin.

I have following queries and concerns:
1) I am still unclear whether IBS is affecting the problem of PE with pain or vice-versa?
2) I googled about the medicine 'tamsulosin' mentioned by you; and saw some websites stating that this is given for Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) , i.e. enlargement of prostate. Do I suffer from this?
3) I am yet to understand why a fluid fills up on my right side of penis and protrudes while masturbating. Is it a kind of edema? One more thing, after this happens, I tend to loose my erection and then feel like urinating.
4) Will taking the medicines mentioned by you affect my IBS problem?
5) Can you suggest me some urologists in Navi Mumbai/Mumbai whom I can reach out and get the prescription of medicines.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later
Dear,

The following are my answers:

1. IBS usually does not have any relation to PE; but yes, they can be associated.

2. Tamsulosin is primarily for BPH. But it is also useful to relax the nerves in the perineum and hence shall improve your pain. You don't suffer from BPH.

3. As far as fluid fills up is concerned, it is very difficult to say without examination what the root cause is. You should see an urologist to understand it better.

4. These medications shall not affect your IBS.

5. As I practice far away from Mumbai, I do not have any personal reference which I can give you. You may be able to find a good specialist based on the user written reviews on WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope I have addressed all your queries. Let me know if you have other queries.
If there are no further follow-ups, please close this discussion.

Sincerely
Rajiv Goel

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX for your reviews and advises.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Dear,

You are welcome

sincerely

Rajiv Goel