Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Suffering from post-concussive syndrome. Having strange pulsating sensation in head. What could this be?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5572 Questions
I was involved in a MVA July 2013. Since I have been suffering from postconcussive syndrome (difficulty remembering, concentrating, nausea, headaches, migraines, etc.) I also have a herniated disc c5-6 which I am getting an epidural for. The pain in my back has been very severe and worsening over the past week. I have been on temporary disability for the severe concussion. The last few days when I move my eyes or head I suddenly get a very strange sensation of pulsation in my head. It seems like it's behind my eyes. I even notice it when I'm trying to fall asleep and my eyes move. It is a very strange and strong. It is very different than my headaches and migraines that I experience. I am worried what this could be. Any ideas what this could be, and should I see a doctor right away?
I don't have any cold or flu symptoms, and no allergies.
I am being followed my a neurologist but my next appointment is in 2 weeks.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
These symptoms are not serious.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious neurological illness.

These symptoms occur in patients who are recovering from concussion, a type of vascular headache. These are self limiting in nature and usually subside in a week or two.

The fact that you also have severe neuropathic pain due to cervical disc disease requiring epidural is making these symptoms worse.

You can wait ill you see your neurologist, and there is no need to worry at present.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor