Suffering from polio. Worsened due to aging. Is there any surgery?
Thanks for writing in.
I am sorry that your mother in law is facing such a distress.
Your mother in law had polio in the past and it is getting worsened now may be due to Osteoporosis, osteomalacia in the bones or osteoarthritis changes in other joints.
Give her high dose of calcium with vitamin A and vitamin D after consulting her treating doctor.
She may go in for physiotherapy of the limbs regularly so that she can gain some strength back.
Give her high nourishing protein diet.
Consult an Orthopaedic surgeon for possibility of giving artificial prosthesis or minor reconstructive surgical procedure to the affected limb so that there can be some correction of her gait that will help her in walking for some distance.
There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope, I answered your query. If you have any further query or clarification please do not hesitate to write back.
I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is the bacteria that causes pinkeye and bronchitis same?
- Pain in left shoulder,sharp pain to arms,pressure in chest near left...
- semi or no erections in morning,good erections while masturbation
- Herpes on penis base, valcyclovire, blisters, dosage of medicines
- Dry cough, running nose, chronic conditions, safe to give Levolin syrup ?
- What treatment can I take for an on and off pain in the penis after...
- Blue veins on labia majora, redness, white spots, burning, abdominal pain
- How can recurrent urinary tract infections with history of prostatectomy...
- Anal pain, external hemorrhoids, cannot move or stand. Home treatment?
- IBS, abdomen gas, dizziness, ringing ears. Result of diet change?