Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online
Ask a Homeopath   »  

Suffering from pimples. Not cured by homoeopathic treatments. Alternate solution?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
Dear Team
My wife is suffering from pimples since last 3 Months
she is taking homeopathic treatmens for this but no result shown

Pls suggest medecine name
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
For Acne, washing once or twice a day with a mild cleansing bar or liquid (for example, Dove, Neutrogena and Cetaphil are all inexpensive and popular) will keep the skin clean and minimize sensitivity and irritation. You can go antibacterial cleanser if required.
A variety of mild scrubs, exfoliants, and masks can be used. These products contain either fine granules or salicylic acid in a concentration that makes it a very mild peeling agent. These products remove the outer layer of the skin and thus open pores.
Shampoo your hair daily, especially if it is oily.
Try not to squeeze, scratch, pick, or rub the pimples. Although it might be tempting to do this, it can lead to skin infections and scarring. Avoid touching your face with your hands or fingers. Avoid greasy cosmetics or creams. Look for water-based or "noncomedogenic" formulas.
Try over-the-counter acne medications, they contain benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid.
Follow the conservative approach and if symptom persists consult dermatologist they will prescribe oral or topical antibiotics like erythromycin, clindamycin etc. Creams or gels containing Retinoic acid, azelaic acid. These are all prescription medicines.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from pimples. Not cured by homoeopathic treatments. Alternate solution? 18 minutes later
Dear Sir,
Can you suggest medicine name
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Good to hear from you.

I advice you to go to the medical shop and ask for over the counter medicine for acne. You can go for either cleanser or cream or both.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Homeopath

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor