Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suffering from piles and constipation, smells from anus. Diagnosed with anal fissure. Had blood test. Findings?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
Sir ,my wife is suffering from piles , constipation . However now her annal part small esophagus type in annal has come out due to the very heavy pressures she applied last three time while passing the stools . ( three days consecutively ) later on showing it to a Surgeon he suggested and informed her its is a Annal Fissure . Also advised her Blood tests . Where in we had CBC whose result is as follows . all parameters are with range WBC 5000 HG 13.6 , but only ESR is 60 mmhr during the blood drawing she had sever pain in in annal unbearable . Hence please advise what why the ESR is high . ThanksXXXXX Bangalore
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Prasad 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ESR of 60 does not concern me.

Detailed Answer:
ESR is a non specific test. It doesn't bother any clinician if the patient is asymptomatic and when the levels are under 100. You can retest ESR level after few week. If the levels fall, you can ignore it.

The current above normal ESR may be the inflammation happening in her anal region; inflammation from anal fissure may be the reason for elevated ESR. Like I said earlier, it doesn't concern me. So you need not be worried. You can repeat the test after few weeks when she feel better.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor