Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suffering from piles. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
My Mother is suffering through Piles problem, I am looking for a Lady Doctor specialist, kindly let me know if I can get some help ?
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I UNDERSTAND her embarrassment to show to a male doctor.
When you look around, especially in corporate hospitals, you should be able to find a lady surgeon or a gastro-enterologist.
Meanwhile things that would help are
1. Avoid constipation by taking high fiber diet and laxatives.
2. Use of xylocaine jelly to the area before passing stools.
Hope this helps. Kindly get back for doubts if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist