Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from phimosis, no pain and itching. Am diabetic. Want to know treatment without surgery.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
Dear, doctor

I am male, age 67 and diabetic patient (diabetic is in control) I am suffering from Phimosis from last 15 days. there is no pain and itching please let me know about its treatment which would be available in India. I do not want any surgery.

Yesterday i pay 1$ online through visa card. as per your online instructions.

Waiting your reply.

Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 19 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Let me explain you the basics of Phimosis in Diabetes.

Though your diabetes is under control it has caused a long term effect on the skin of prepuce (Prepuce is the skin covering the glans of your penis).

Usually with high levels of sugar in urine and sub-acute infections the skin is damaged and ultimately turns fibrosed, as a result it loses its elasticity.

Ultimately you are not able to retract the prepuce.

Basically there is no other treatment for this condition in diabetic patients except circumcision.

But you may try seeing a surgeon and if the skin is elastic enough to be retracted you can go for prepuce care on a day to day basis with the help of a lubricant (Medicated) jelly.

If that does not work and you want to avoid full circumcision, you can go for a dorsal slit, that will help you in maintaining hygiene (Dorsal slit is a small cut put on the prepuce under local anesthesia).

Hope I have replied to your satisfaction. Do accept my reply if you do not have any further query

Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from phimosis, no pain and itching. Am diabetic. Want to know treatment without surgery. 1 hour later
Respected Dr. ji

thanks for your reply for our quary Mr.Dr.ji I request for medicine to qure PHIMOSIS without operate. But you are also suggest same.

Respectable Dr.

I am also Dr. and run free dispancery. I am in surprised you have not suggest any medicine to clear PHIMOSIS.

I request to you please again please again suggest the medicine

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 47 minutes later
Thanks for reverting.

I would like to re-emphasize that there is no medication available to cure phimosis. But symptomatic relief can be obtained by the following measures:
•     Use a good antibiotic cream and a local anaesthetic cream.
•     After softening the skin, you can gently try and retract the skin.
•     If you are experiencing any swelling, tablet disprin 325 mg every 6 hours will help.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor