Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from painful welts under arms and in groin area. Having severe sweating problem. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
I am a 54 year old female in relatively good health who recently has developed very painful welts under my arms and in my groin area. The welts are 1" to 1 1/2" around and although they don't usually come to a head, one did this morning. I've always had a severe sweating problem and not mostly under my arms but all over my body especially head and face. Any ideas? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
Probably you have developed bacterial folliculitis,
Another condition which can have similar presentation is Hidradenitis suppurativa.
It is usually seen in the areas mentioned by you.

Can you please upload a photograph of the lesions.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and a correct line of treatment.

There is an option to upload photographs on right side of query page.

Waiting for your response.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor