Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffering from painful hemorrhoid. Suggestion for cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
Hi Doc, I'm XXXXXXX. I'm suffering badly from hemorrhoid. Please suggest a cure. It's very painful
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Hemorrhoids is a common condition and mostly causes painless bleeding.
If complicated like infected or strangulated or prolapsed engorged hemorrhoids may cause pain.
Ideally for cure and further prevention of recurrence you should consult a general surgeon or your family doctor who can evaluate the cause (constipation etc)and severity(grade) , can rule out other painful problems like fissures or fistula and then start appropriate treatment.
Usually the early treatment consists of a local anaesthetic ( lignocaine based) ointments like anovate or any other brand , a stool softener like lactulose or cremaffin and thrice daily warm sitz bath to keep the area clean and provide soothing relief.
But if complicated antibiotics or injection therapy or surgical procedure might be required.
So please consult a doctor rather than self medication for best results depending on your clinical examination.
Hope I have answered your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor