Suffering from pain during intercourse. Cure?
sorry i forgot to add, i am on aciclovir from my gp 2 tablets a day and alson 150mg fluconazole once a week and this isnt helping
Thanks for writing to us.
According to your clinical feature, you are mostly suffering from chronic vaginal or pelvic infection. It may be due to yeast infection (if itching persists) or any kind of STD or co-existence of both. It may cause painful sexual intercourse or dyspareunia. Other causes are endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), vaginal dryness, rough sex etc.
You need to get examined by your gynecologist. Pelvic examination and other relevant investigations are required to pinpoint the diagnosis like one vaginal swab test & culture of the discharge in specific media, complete panel of STD, pelvic ultrasound scan, antibody to HSV 1 & 2 for genital herpes etc. Smear of vaginal discharge for microscopic examination is also important to rule out specific causative agent.
Complete treatment depends on underlying etiology. In case of vaginal yeast infection, you can take oral anti fungal medication (like clotrimazole/ miconazole) along with vaginal suppository at bed time for one week. Anti viral drug therapy is required for genital herpes. Supportive medications are required according to test reports. In case of STD, your partner also needs full course of treatment.
In addition, you have to eliminate certain predisposing factors like:
1) Diabetes by doing one blood sugar (PPBS) test.
2) Using any contraceptive pill/ Cu-T (IUD), douching or inserting any foreign object.
3) Concurrent practice of vaginal and anal intercourse in alternate way during same session.
4) Other factors- irregular diet habit, psychological factor, hormonal imbalance, poor maintenance of genital hygiene during period, cervicitis/ atrophic vaginitis etc.
It may be aggravated by using chemical substance like lubricant/ jelly with condom or soap/ detergent/ other bath products, perfumes around genital area etc causing repeated friction & irritation inside vagina.
Following life style changes are helpful to prevent future recurrence:
1) Take healthy diet with anti oxidant (like Vit-E/ C, selenium, zinc, lycopene etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water/ juice for better systemic circulation.
2) Do not touch/ wipe out genital area too much. Also avoid inserting objects or douching inside vagina.
3) Maintain genital hygiene with proper shaving & cleaning. Do regular physical exercise by means of jogging/ walking/ treadmill etc.
4) Wear only clean & cotton underwear. Don't wear any tight fitting cloths or pants to avoid repeated friction/ irritation.
5) Avoid using any type of chemical cosmetics or soap or condoms. Try to avoid any type of sexual activity for at least 4 weeks.
6) Use only water based lubricant or vagisil intimate cream before sex. Maintain genital hygiene before & after each coitus.
7) Avoid stress/ tension/ mental upset by regular deep breathing (20-30 times)/ yoga. Take a sound sleep for complete relaxation.
Hope, above said information is sufficient & very much helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Arm pain during intercourse
- Stinging pain during intercourse
- How to cure pain during intercourse
- Symptoms of Pain during intercourse
- Pain during intercourse causes
- Treatment and cure for Pain during intercourse
- Diagnosis of Pain during intercourse
- Scraping pain during intercourse
- Experiencing pain during intercourse
- Suffering from pain during intercourse cure