Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffering from oily sweating from penis. Not cured by using a jock itch powder. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I'm having a secretion of sweat or an oil substance on my penis. I thought I got jock itch on my penis because of the redness and slight itching after working outside sweating alot and not changing into dry clothes. I am baffled. I been using a jock itch powder for two days but it hasn't help. Do you have any information to add. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Of course yes.
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Are u circumcised?
In all probabibility, u have what is called infection of the foreskin and the underlying penis head, the way u describe it.
I would be able to help you better if i can see a photo of the same.
You need to consult to confirm the diagnosis. Then, either local application of ointment with added oral antibiotics should do the trick.
Circumcision will help prevent repeated attacks.
Hope i helped u. Kindly get back for doubts if any.
Get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor