Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suffering from nightfall. How to get rid of this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
Hi,My age 30 years, i have the suffering from night fall. it is effected to my marriage life and sex?
please give the suggestion to me
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 54 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Nightfall (i.e. passage of semen during sleep) is a normal and common phenomenon which is seen in a majority of young males. It does not have any bad effects on health and does not lead to any medical or sexual problems.

Some people have many wrong ideas about nightfalls - that it causes ill effects on health like nervous weakness, reduced energy, etc or sexual problems like impotence in the future. All this is NOT true and these are just myths and misconceptions.

So, don't worry, this will not affect your married life or sexual functioning in any way.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from nightfall. How to get rid of this? 24 hours later
Thank for your help, i feel very happy now....:)

I have one more quarry, some times passing the urine penis is paining very much.

Pls give the suggestion to me.
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 17 hours later
Hello again,

Pian or discomfort while passing urine is indicative of a urinary infection. If this problem is severe and happening frequently, I would advise you to do a urine test to look for any infection. If so, you need a course of antibiotics. Also, not drinking water suffficiently can also predispose to developing urinary infections. So drink at least 2 to3 litres of water per day. You can also try drinking Cranberry juice (should be available in super markets), which is a natural urinary anti-septic and can help you for this problem.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor