Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suffering from nausea, vomiting. Not cured by allopathic or ayurvedic medicine. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 325 Questions
Hi , I am XXXXXXX . I am suffering from extreme nausea since last 4 month. Everytime I have a vomitting sense. Cannot even wear jeans now a days. I took levagastrol & nexpro for ling but no result then I switched over to ayurvedic medicine but still no improvment. Everytime there some irritation going on in my stomach I feel something is going round and round in stomach . What should I do please guide me. I am scared of endoscopy also so please treat me. Plz
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 24 minutes later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, your history seems to be suggestive of severe reflux disease or peptic ulcer. To confirm and come to a diagnosis, would suggest an endoscopy (or barium swallow or USG) to identify the nature of the problem, you need to be tested for H.pylori using a stool antigen test or a urea breath test. Avoid fried, chillies and junk food, quit any tobacco if you have habit of taking, avoid alcohol or aerated cold drinks and tea/coffee, do not keep your stomach empty, take more fluids, fibres and rice, avoid stress. Depending on the results of these investigations, if diagnosed with ulcer then further treatment like antibiotics for H.pylori, anti-emetics and proton pump inhibitor needs to be started. Will recommend to avoid taking symptomatic medications, try to get yourself diagnosed. I hope I have addressed your concerns. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from nausea, vomiting. Not cured by allopathic or ayurvedic medicine. What should I do? 1 hour later
ok . but dont want to do endoscopy. is there any other way of doing some test like ultrasound or sonography
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 3 hours later
Ultrasound waves are reflected by air or gas; therefore ultrasound is not an ideal imaging technique for the bowel. Barium exams and CT scanning are the methods of choice for bowel-related problems. Ultrasound waves do not pass through air; therefore an evaluation of the stomach, small intestine and large intestine may be limited. After establishing a diagnosis, then for more precision and exact dimensions of details can then be identified through endoscopy. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor