Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suffering from nausea, heavy periods, vomiting and getting angry. What am I suffering from?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
I have 4 almost 2 years suffered from nausea and I have vomited a few times, I now get a real fuzziness in my head and my head is sensitive 2 touch. I have always suffered from heavy periods and my period finished 4 days ago and now I've started bleeding again my stomach is swollen and I'm so tired all the time and I am so touchy that I get angry at the slightest thing, I am at my wits end and really need to start feeling good again.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 36 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of Thyroid disorder i.e. Hypothyroidism.
Presence of persistent nausea and vomiting (indicates decreased gastrointestinal motility), menstrual disorders and psychiatric symptoms suggests the diagnosis.

Hypothyroidism is due to deficiency of thyroid hormone and thyroid hormone is associated with maintenance of metabolism of body.
Decreased thyroid hormone level delays all responses in body.
Gastrointestinal motility is also decreased causing persistent abdominal discomfort, abdominal bloating, nausea and vomiting, constipation.
Hypothyroidism may be associated with menstrual irregularities such as excessive bleeding.

Other possibilities could be fibromylgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and depression.
Pernicious anemia is also an autoimmune disease and may be associated with hypothyroidism.
As such there is no correlation between present symptoms and pneumonia.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ endocrinologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for thyroid profile, complete blood count, serum electrolytes, blood sugar.
Need for CT/ MRI scan brain could be decided by clinical examination.

Meanwhile, you should take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics.
You should also take Flunarizine and Divalproex on written prescription.
You should also take selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

You can ask direct query on this URL:

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor