Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suffering from muscle twitching and pain in groin area. What is the cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Hello, I am a 26 yo female. I have lax ligaments throughout my body and was born with congenital hip dysplasia that was treated with a Pavlik harness. Three years ago I was treated for advanced Lyme disease that I probably had untreated for 10 years, and I have most likely developed knee arthritis from that. My knee joints crack and creak, and my left hip is typical I very tight and stiff compared to the right hip which is extremely flexible. My left hip began to hurt last week so I did some yoga stretches to loosen the left hip and sacroiliac and the joints made many very loud cracking and popping sounds and now I am suffering from severe pain in my left hip joint and sacroiliac area. It is hot to the touch. Most movement caused the joint to audibly pop. The sides of my hip are tender if massaged. Over the last three days the pain has increased and advanced into my left groin and labia. The groin area doesn't hurt to the touch but is more of a deep ache. I have been taking hot baths and also using ice on the groin area to temporarily relieve the pain. I am also having a lot of muscle twitching in both of my legs. I am not sure what to do from here, but I will see my GP this week. What does this issue sound like? I am afraid I have a torn labrum.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: There can be hip septic arthritis Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your symptoms there can be hip septic arthritis as there is raised temperature and pain in your hip. I will advise you to do ultrasound hip and if required MRI hip. There can ligament injury as hip biomechanics is altered. You need to consult orthopaedic surgeon for clinical examination. Till time take analgesic and cartilage protecting medication like chondritin sulphate. Diet rich in calcium and protein will help Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor