Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Suffering from lower back pain. Xray showed partial sacralization between L5/S1 vertebras. Concerned

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
I suffer from low back pain. After X-Ray done, there is partial sacralization between L5/S1 vertebras on Lt. side and MRI is showing => degenerative changes of lumbar spine; Early osteoporosis ; L4/L5, L5/S1 moderate disc bulges.
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
Osteoporosis is a common phenomenon in female after menopause. Lumber spondylosis is a part of it. You are diabetic so you have to be more careful about your spine. Consult your doctor and get effective supplements like calcium and vitamin D3 etc. whichever is needed and cost effective.
To get a pain free spine lifelong you have to follow some instructions strictly:
1. Use hard bed to sleep and avoid pillow.
2. Your sitting posture should be straight and have to be changed every half hourly.
3. Avoid jerky movements of back and neck.
4. You can take analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs orally or can apply gel locally to reduce pain. Hot fermentation and massage roller or heated mattress pad can help.
5. Wear Lumbosacral belt while standing, walking, and driving.
6. Do regular physiotherapy and exercise as advised by your physiotherapist.
7. Most importantly keep your blood sugar level in control. My advice is to get your HbA1C every three monthly and fasting blood sugar once in 15 days. Consult your doctor and adjust the medication accordingly.
Feel free to consult your doctor whenever feasible. I hope if you follow the instructions you may not need to visit your doctor for pain.
Hope you got answer to all your queries. You rating and comments will be appreciated. I will be happy to answer your other related queries.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor