Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Suffering from lower abdominal pain. What could be causing this and any cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
having a stomach pain lower part of the abdomen some one say could be a ulser feel tired and dry mooth this happen once every 2 or 3 month feel better when i just lay down for a while
am a male 49yrs had a colon scopie all good
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

Abdominal pain could be due to many reasons. Ulcers in the stomach can be one of them. To comment on the pain you are suffering from, I would like to know a little more details.

1.     The exact location of the pain. Like Upper right quadrant, Lower left quadrant etc.
2.     Does the pain have any relation to food? Whether it occurs immediately or within few hours of having food.
3.     Any other difficulties like pain while passing urine, vomiting, loose motions, constipation etc.?

To confirm a diagnosis, you will have to undergo blood and urine tests and endoscopy of the upper gastro-intestinal tract. Sometimes an ultrasonography may be required. These tests together can rule out whether it is due to an ulcer in the stomach or due to any other causes. With that said, there are small tips which can make you feel better.
-     Drink at least 2-3 litres of water per day.
-     Avoid oily and spicy food.
-     Have food at regular times, which should include fresh fruits and vegetables.
-     Sleep well and avoid stress.
-     Avoid smoking if you smoke.

Don’t worry. First thing to do is to get examined by a gastroenterologist. Then, do the required tests as advised.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help you further. Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor